Truck Driver Jobs Chicago IL and Burns Harbor IN
Looking for truck driver jobs Chicago IL and Burns Harbor IN? If you are experienced enough to drive in the most brutal driving conditions in the Midwest, TLX wants to hire you.
TLX offers better benefits, better pay, and better hours than other trucking companies. We want to make the best drivers in the industry part of our family of professional drivers.
We are currently hiring qualified drivers that want to be part of the toughest company in the country. TLX has local truck driver jobs Chicago IL and Burns Harbor IN that include paid training, vacations, and personal days for drivers.
Drive Local, Be Home with Your Family at Night
We offer local truck driver jobs Chicago IL and Burns Harbor IN. Our heavy hauler team makes it a priority to maintain the industry’s highest safety standards. We take pride in our professionalism and we want to be the best.
What do truck driver jobs Chicago IL and Burns Harbor IN offer?
- Potential $1000 New Driver Bonus
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid training
- 401K Plan
- Life, health, dental, optical, and prescription health insurance coverage
- Six paid holidays, two paid personal days, and paid vacation
- Dedicated runs available
- A truck you can count on
- Paid 24% to 27% of gross revenue
- Guaranteed minimum gross of $500.00 for the first eight weeks if you remain available to work
We’re looking for drivers in Chicago, IL and Burns Harbor, IN right now. Owner-Operator benefits are also generous, too, and include 100% fuel surcharge, weekly pay with direct deposit, insurance coverage, lease purchase program, and weekends at home with your family.
Flatbed Trucking Jobs in the Midwest
Want to learn more? We need to fill driving jobs in Chicago IL and Burns Harbor IN as soon as possible. Find out if you are TLX tough by calling us today.
Trucking Jobs in Ohio
We know our drivers take their careers seriously and we want to support them in any way we can. TLX is dedicated to serving the needs of our customers as effectively, safely, and efficiently as possible. Our drivers and the entire TLX team consider ourselves partners with each client. When their needs are met we all succeed!
As a professional leader in the trucking industry, we pledge to achieve our mission through continued leadership in the trucking industry and consistent articulation of our philosophy of safety and service.
If you think you are TLX tough and interested in truck driver jobs Cleveland, contact us today about trucking jobs Cleveland.
Company Driver Benefits:
- $1000 Driver New Hire Bonus (call for details)
- Weekly pay/Direct deposit
- Create your own raise every month (call for details)
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $7,500.00. Must come and work for TLX first and show proof of your payment.
- Paid training
- Paid 24% to 27% of gross revenue
- Guaranteed minimum gross of $500.00 for the first 8 weeks if you remain available to work
- Six (6) paid Holidays (after 90 days of employment @ $110.00 per day) Must be available for work the day before and the day after the holiday.
- Paid vacations (1 week after 1 year / 2 weeks after 3 years)
- 401K Plan
- Two (2) Personal days paid per year @ $75.00 after 1 year of employment
- Aflac,Life, Health, Dental, Optical, Insurance and Prescription coverage (eligible after 60 days of employment and the beginning of the next month)
- Rider Program, one person at a time 18 years or older after 90 days of employment
- Dedicated runs available
- Want a nice truck? You’ll get one at TLX, ‘cuz Jerry loves trucks!
Owner Operator Job Benefits:
- Home on weekends
- 75% of 100%
- 100% fuel surcharge
- Weekly pay – direct deposit
- Insurance available for physical damage, bobtail/deadhead
- Lease purchase program
- Rider program
To transport & deliver freight by driving diesel-powered tractor-trailer combinations short & long distances.
- Hook & unhook trailers from the tractor itself including cranking lever to raise & lower landing gear on semi-trailers.
- Load & unload trailer, either individually or with assistance of dockworkers, with or without mechanical freight-handling equipment.
- Perform lifting chains, pieces of lumber, & tarps, pulling, pushing, and securing binders.
- Inspect truck for defects & safe operating condition before, during & after trips & submit a written report on the condition of the truck at the end of each trip or tour of duty.
- Check shipping papers to determine the nature of load and to check for the presence of hazardous materials.
- Drive truck to destination in accordance with Federal regulations, normally in periods of up to 11 hours of driving followed by an off duty period of at least I 0 consecutive hours.
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving & skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather or in tight loading dock areas.
- Ensure that all shipping documentation (e.g. manifest, bills of lading, shipping orders or freight bills, etc.) required to move with shipments is available for inspection & that appropriate paperwork accompanies shipment when delivered.
- Maintain records required for compliance with State & Federal regulations including drivers’ log, records of fuel purchases, mileage records, & other records required by law.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies & procedures, & comply with all Federal, State, & local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Report all accidents involving driver or company equipment.
- Promptly report any delays due to breakdowns, weather or traffic conditions or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities relating to pickup or delivery of cargo.
- Safe & legal operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Safe & timely transportation of freight from origin to destination.
- Proper loading & unloading of freight to assure safety & minimal risk of damage to cargo & danger to people.
- Proper handling & accurate completion of all necessary paperwork related to truck operations & freight movements.
- Professional representation of the company & the trucking industry through responsible driving.
- Must be able to sit & remain alert with driving for an aggregate period of up to 11 hours.
- Must be able to shift manual transmission & operate foot pedals.
- Must be able to perform occasional squatting/crouching to handle & position freight.
- Must be able to enter & exit the vehicle’s cab. Cab floor level is generally from 36 to 66 inches above ground level, with entry & exit achieved with the assistance of various configurations of steps & handholds.
- Must be able to occasionally reach above shoulder level, at waist level & below waist level for maneuvering & directing the controls to operate the truck.
- Must be able to install & remove tarps chains & binders when required.
- Must be able to hook/unhook various commercial vehicle combinations, manually lower & raise landing gear, operate the fifth wheel release lever, attach & release safety chains, & tarps, climb on & of trailers, fuel vehicles, & check engine oil & coolant levels.
Hiring Company Description:
TLX is dedicated to serving the transportation and logistical needs of our customers in the most effective, safe, and technologically efficient manner. Our drivers, team of support staff and management share a common belief: we are partners with each client. When we meet their needs, and when we continue to maintain the highest standards, we all succeed.
TLX pledges to achieve this mission and share the achievement with our customers through continuing our leadership in the trucking industry and consistently articulating a philosophy of safety and service.
Our family business is built upon four specific principles:
1. Attract and retain the best staff and drivers.
2. Maintain the highest level of technology.
3. Expanded our services and know how to meet unique customer needs in all 48 states
4. Accept that safety is a primary responsibility of our business.
TLX has achieved its success through hard work. Every one of us in this company gets a lot of satisfaction out of making customers look at our work and say, “They did it on time, within budget, without problems. TLX is full of people doing their job, doing it well, and taking pride in finishing first.”
If you’re looking for a great flatbed truck driving job, apply online today.
Our Service Areas:
- Atlanta, GA
- Baltimore, MD
- Charlotte, NC
- Chicago area- Burns Harbor, IN
- Cincinnati area – Middletown, Ohio
- Clarksville, TN
- Cleveland, OH
- Columbus, OH
- Crawfordsville, IN
- Decatur, AL
- Detroit, MI
- Ghent, KY
- Georgetown, KY
- Greenville, NC
- Mantua, OH Headquarters
- Memphis, TN
- Milwaukee area – Mishawaka, WI
- Owensboro, KY
- Statesville, NC
- Tupelo area – Blue Springs, MS
- Van Wert, OH
- Flatbed Trucks
- Drop Decks
- Tri Axles
- Extendable Trailers
- Quad axles
- RGN & detachables
- Steel Products
- Building Materials
- Pre-Cast Concrete
- Trade Show Exhibits
- Specialized Equipment